Saturday, September 18, 2010

Lyf OST: Because in actual life, there is no background music .

Hi folks!
I'm feeling a wee bit sheepish here. Sorry for the absence. I am really down in a rut and for various years now, I have been trying to get out of the low and the writer's block. But as what good psychologists say, nothing actually gets people out of depression except that one day they look much better.
So for those who are wondering where I have been, never mind that.

I'm here now.

I would wish to get off with this really nice song I across two years ago.
Featured song: "Gotta Keep Smiling" by Scouting for Girls (2010) [Pop rock]
The lyrics of the strain and the wonderful upbeat melody sure got me hooked. Did you mind to it? I must have listened to it numerous times already (check my Last.fm account).
I came across this song while watching this new TV series called "Hellcats". Over the following few posts, you may find songs that I observed from Hellcats. Although the serial is relatively new, it stars Aly Michalka (whose song I featured here) and Ashley Tisdale of High School Musical. I shall ponder more about Hellcats some former time, but I would care to say that the series made me jump back on my feet. The medicine in the series simply rocks!
The song Gotta Keep Smiling is by Scouting for Girls, a British pop band that was formed in 2005. The call is the B-side of their hit single "This Ain't a Love Song" (also a nice empowering song), but Gotta Keep Smiling is quite difficult to find. I did my best, so I trust you will love it.
So, until the following post, you gaiz.
Peace!
Lyrics:"Gotta Keep Smiling" by Scouting for Girls When a frown is the better you can do. When you're down - when you're blue in a bad place. You with the sad face When you're stuck, when you're falling apart. In a rut, yet you're stuck with excuses, Oh baby I'm useless. Boys will be boys, girls will be girls It's a mixed up, muddled up, messed up world. Are you winning the mick, cos ain't life a bitch sometimes ? You got to prevent smiling, through the boom and lightning. You got to continue trying, don't cry before you're hurt. You got to prevent Smiling through the thunder and lightning You got to continue fighting because things can't get no worse. Take a break. Take a day to relax. Getaway - getaway to the sunshine, throw me a lifeline When life is hard, when life is just unfair, We'll make a laugh - have a joke at the rat race, we'll produce a new place Boys will be boys, girls will be girls It's a mixed up, muddled up, messed up world. Are you taking the mick, ain't life a bitch sometimes? You got to prevent smiling, through the boom and lightning. You got to continue trying, don't cry before you're hurt. You got to prevent Smiling through the thunder and lightning You got to continue fighting because things can't get no worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment